011-47024919 / 27012054
I Am Candidate For LASIK
Factors Affecting Canditature For Refractive Surgery
- AGE one should be atleast 18 years or more in age to undergo the procedure. In males it is preferable to have attained 19 years. Otherwise there is no age limit for the procedure. After 40 years of age the preferred procedure is PRESBYOND which corrects and targets the ability to see distant as well as near objects.
- STABILITY OF REFRACTIVE ERROR (NUMBER OF GLASSES) it is better to have a stable refraction for at least six months prior to the procedure.
- TYPE OF REFRACTIVE ERROR All types of refractive errors can be treated with LASIK that is myopia (short sightedness), hypermetropia (long sightedness), and astigmatism (cylindrical powers ).
- CORNEAL PARAMETERS Lasik is a procedure performed on the most front transparent layer of the eye called cornea. Its examination is important in determining the candidature for all laser vision correction procedures. Parameters affecting are corneal thickness, overall curvature and contour of the cornea determined by an examination called PENTACAM EVALUATION. Various other factors are ruled out by doing a complete eye examination.
- TYPE OF REFRACTIVE PROCEDURE TO BE PERFORMED is determined by a complete eye examination and suggested by our experienced doctors. Types of LASIK include BASIC variety, SBK the thin flap 90 microns lasik, WAVEFRONT optimised lasik, BLADEFREE LASIK also called femtolasik.
- SYSTEMIC CONDITIONS patients with systemic co morbid diseases like autoimmune disorders should not undergo lasik.
- People with certain medical conditions and ocular conditions should have ocular examination to determine if they are a good candidate for LASIK surgery. You should have to visit our LASIK eye care centre to get have a comprehensive eye examination so that we can advise you more appropriately.
Are You a Lasik Candidate?