Following are the post-operative protective measures followed by the patients:
- Vision changes during the first few weeks are normal. Do not panic.
- Do not drive until you feel confident about safe driving.
- Wear protective glasses for at least four days after surgery. This will help you to avoid accidentally rubbing the eye and prevent eye exposure to dust.
- In the first week itself, you will feel much better as irritation, redness, and discomfort progressively subsides.
- Avoid using any eye make-up or lotions for at least 7 days after the surgery.
- Avoid contact with water and soap to eyes while bathing.
- Do not play any contact sports for one-week post-surgery as it may lead to an eye injury.
- Avoid any strenuous activity which may lead the sweat to enter your eyes.
- Do not swim for at least 14 days after surgery.
- Although you can read, watch television or work on the computer screen but do not forget to use lubricants and take short breaks.
- Use goggles with a high preventive index from UV rays.
- Take or instill the medications as advised by your surgeon.