LASIK is a popular surgical procedure for the treatment of refractive errors. More than 16 million procedures have been performed worldwide since the 1990s, and the safety, efficacy and predictability of the procedure have been firmly established in the existing literature. It remains the gold standard of laser vision correction procedures in terms of visual outcomes, refactive predictability ie the accuracy which with the outcomes are defined, and patient recovery.
However following parameters are important in order to make it a safe and successful procedure.
- Advanced diagnostic instruments are used for ophthalmic evaluation…. at BAJAJ EYE CARE CENTRE a complete and comprehensive preoperative work up is done to rule out abnormal / suspicious cases. Corneal diagnostics are done on PENTACAM the most advanced instrument for the purpose.
- Corneal measurements including corneal topography and corneal thickness would be the deciding factor for candidature for LASIK surgery.
- The risk of post-surgical complications are critically evaluated.
- Surgery is done in a proper sterile and safe environment / lasik OT. BAJAJ EYE CARE CENTRE is a NABH accredited centre maintaining highest standards in the country for patient safety and quality.
- We refuse to treat those patients who are not the right candidates for LASIK surgery and discuss with them the other options.
- Technology plays an important role in patient safety and quality and postoperative outcomes. BAJAJ EYE CARE CENTRE utilizes the world’s most advanced tehnology from CARL ZEISS, GERMANY making the procedure very safe with very successful and satisfactory outcomes. so far the complication rate at our centre is close to zero. We take pride in having the FIRST installation of ZEISS VISUMAX machine for flapless, totally bladeless SMILE technology in the whole of NORTH DELHI.
- Proper post-operative care is equally important in successful and safe visual outcomes. We follow our patients religiously.
- We discuss in detail the possible outcome after LASIK surgery and the risks and complications associated with LASIK surgery.
- We follow the surgical protocols to eliminate the incidence of infection.
- All machines have complete maintenance contracts to provide a technical back.
- The surgery at our centre is conducted under the uninterrupted power supply.